Thursday, February 12, 2009

not-so-empathetic belly

so, apparently people get a little grumpy when you don't update your blog often enough! my deepest apologies......hope this will make a few people feel better! it's not alot for now, but i promise there's more to come soon!



last month we finished up our childbirth education classes! jordan was thrilled to go. with only 5 nights of class, the boys all had to fight over the "empathy belly" wearing opportunities. if you know my jordan, you know he didn't fight too hard. needless to say, he missed out on the opportunity to wear it for the entire night of any class, getting out of 2 1/2 hours of being "miserable and uncomfortable" as he put it. i, along with a few of his friends, informed him that probably wasnt the smartest thing to say to his 8 month pregnant miserable and uncomfortable wife! after rethinking it, he agreed and gave me a smirky smile! anyways, he didn't get out of it entirely. the last day he had to bare it for just a few minutes to get some pictures.......what you dont know but need to is that he just had to wear the belly, she didn't even add the extra 30 lbs of weights and the additional "bladder presure" pad to make it even remotely close to reality! here's to you baby in your awesomeness!

3 comments:

The Briggs Family said...

Don't you just love those last few months of pregnancy! I promise it isn't any better with number two. Infact, a lot of things are worse because of what number one did to your body! So I'm loving the belly on Jordan. David never had to wear one of those. However, he did gain 25 pounds of sympathy weight when I was pregnant and he had a few other pregnancy symptoms as well. Aren't husbands the best! Always thinkin about ya! I hope everything is going well. You sure look cute with your little belly. It always looks so much cuter on someone else! Only a few more weeks now! You better let me know as soon as you have her! You can email, text, call or whatever! Your mom said you were naming her Madison Nicholle! I love that name! Infact that is the exact name we had picked out for Brayden if he had been a girl! Well I love and miss ya! Take care and enjoy these last few weeks of freedom as much as possible!

Jeanne Garner said...

I think you look so small still. I hope some of the pains have lessened over the weekend. PLease call or text me. Your Sister.

Candace said...

Hey Nikki...you look so good. YOu look the same since the last time I saw you. YOu need to add my blog to your list and we need to do lunch and catch up. Let me know.