Sunday, May 10, 2009

happy mother's day!!



just a little note to wish my mommy a "happy mother's day" and to thank her for being the incredible mommy she is!! i have been so blessed having her in my life. she truly is one of my best friends and i know i am who i am because of her. i love you dearly!

this mommy's day was extra special because im finally a mom! i have learned so much these last few months! i think i have gained a much deeper love and appreciation for my own mom through having a daughter of my own. my parents always say that they'll find out what kind of parents they were not by how their kids turn out, but by how their grandchildren turn out....i think that's why i find myself telling my mom over and over again that i only hope i can be to hadley what she is to me. i have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl. i am so thankful for that. when i'm holding her and she looks up at me, i know she knows me. when she hears my voice and turns her head to find me, i know she knows me. when i tell her i love her and she smiles and starts to coo, i know she knows me. i hope she will always know me and more than that, i hope she will always know that i love her. i am so grateful that my father in heaven has sent her to me, and in doing so has already given me more in this life than i could ever ask for.

one of my first mommy moments.....



more of my favorite mommy moments.....















1 comments:

The Briggs Family said...

Nicki you are such a cute little mommy! Isn't is the most rewarding job in the whole world? I love being a mom and trust me it just gets better and better! I love the picture of you and your mom! I miss you both so much. I wish that we lived closer and could get together once in a while! I hope things are going well!