Wednesday, March 4, 2009

working on 39 weeks

it seems so crazy that march is already here. i cant believe that within just a week and a half (i hope!) we could be bringing her home.......i still feel like there's so much i need to get done before then. but im trying to take the moments as they come and just savor every last one of them. as exciting as it will be to actually have her here and be able to hold her, i imagine that ill miss being pregnant. when you go for so long being able to feel her kick and squirm and hiccup, i think im going to really miss those quiet moments when its just me and her. its an extremely intimate relationship from the very minute you find out youre expecting, and im so thankful that my father in heaven has blessed me with this entire experience. one of my favorite things about being pregnant is jordans obsession with my tummy. i love having him want to lay his head on there to feel her kick. i love having her kick at just the right moment to bring a smile to his face. i love having him talk to her and feeling her respond to his voice. i love having him play his favorite songs to her. i love having him tap at her and watching her play back. i love having him find her heartbeat and pat it out so i can hear it too. i decided with this weeks picture we definately needed to include daddy. hes already such a big part of her life and im so grateful for that. i know shes always going to be daddy's little girl.

2 comments:

The Briggs Family said...

I just wanted to wish you luck with everything. I hope everything goes well! You are going to love being a mom. It is the most incredible experience you will ever have! I honestly can't imagine life without my two little ones and I don't know what I ever did with myself before they came into this world! Let me know when she gets here! I'm so excited for you!

Mandy said...

I love that picture!! It's so sweet. I'm crossing my fingers that she comes soon!! :)