Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the half way mark

so we finally have reached the half way mark! 20 more weeks and counting....i decided that im a horrible daughter and have yet to send any pictures of my cute little pregnant self to my mommy who lives a zillion miles away. i think its wrong that a girl cant see her mommy even once while she's pregnant. im still trying to figure out how to fix that problem! however, this will have to do for now. plus, we had to show off our newest "real deal" that we are super excited about. we happened to run into the cutest set of furniture at a really good price, so we decided even though we still have a while to go, we would take the plunge and start the nursery. as jord was setting it up, he kept saying, "this is kinda weird!" anyways, he did a great job getting it all put together. unfortunately until we have an ultrasound that can successfully tell us what we're having, the drawers shall remain empty and the crib shall remain linen free!!















ive decided that the idea of being a mommy myself becomes more and more real every time we take on an endeavor like this! i must say there are a lot of fun and exciting little "firsts" that you never really think about before you get pregant that once you are pregnant are like the best part of your days! just the other day, i was laying in bed and i was able to feel the baby kick on the outside of my tummy and so i was yelling like crazy at jordan to hurry up and get in here....he comes barrelling down the hallway, probably thinking somethings hugely wrong. i told him to hurry and put his hand on my tummy and the baby kicked hard...he yanked his hand back and gave me the cutest look and said, "that was kinda weird." i love being pregnant!

3 comments:

Jeanne Garner said...

I love the furniture. I can't wait to come see it in a few weeks. I can't wait to see you guys again in a few weeks. And, if you find out what the baby is you better tell us immediatly!!

The Briggs Family said...

Nick...I love your cute little belly! It is so stinkin cute! I've decided that the belly always looks better on everyone else! My belly is huge and not so cute anymore! It is also so fun that you got to feel the baby kicking! I love that part of pregnancy! Our little guy never quits moving and kicking these days and he is getting big enough that it is making life really uncomfortable! Oh well...9 more weeks! I hope things are going well! One of these days when you have time you should give me a call! I miss ya and would love to catch up! Is your mom coming out when you have the baby? My mom has already taken a whole week off work to come take care of Hallie after the baby is born! I'm sooo excited!

Jen,Judd, and Brenton said...

You look so cute!!!